gears, under tray,

Users of the forum can post details of where to find useful parts here (other than joining the SOC Spares Scheme of course). Note: The Scott Owners Club Ltd does not endorse, recommend or vouch for any of the postings in this section.

gears, under tray,

Postby Kevin N Bayliss » 03 Jan 2016, 22:35

I have spare gears available, normal (most but not the end gear for the clutch, a complete set close ratio, also a long and short under tray,
Im also looking for an outrigger if anyone has one, also a hand change mechanism so I can put the bike as near as possible to original.
anyone know where I can get the correct looking mudguards for 1929 500 Squirrel

Thanks to Martin and George for info given so far, Kev
Kevin N Bayliss
Club Member

Re: gears, under tray,

Postby BRIAN MARSHALL » 11 Jan 2016, 09:43

Hi Kev,
I've sent you an eBay PM.
Brian
BRIAN MARSHALL
Club Member

Postby BRIAN MARSHALL » 14 Jan 2016, 12:45

Hi Kev, Ref mudguards, can you ID the model you have as it can't be Squirrel, and could be Three-Speed Super Squirrel ? Sports Squirrel ? Flying Squirrel Tourer? or Flying Squirrel Deluxe ? I shall presume one of the last two, so we also need to know if it has Webb forks or Scott forks ? If Scott forks you should have the valanced mudguard. In the past I have bought the D-Section 'blanks' from Renovation Spares. Pete Lovatt has retired, but the business is still going in new hands. Then I make a valance shape out of plywood or hardboard and get a good sheetmetal bloke to make up the rolled-edge valances and braze them to the blank. The blank will of course have to be cut to length beforehand, and may need indents to clear the forks. Also fit the front brake rod before painting the guard as it will probably need a hole in the guard for clearance, ditto a hole for the bottom of the fork stem. Stays MIGHT be available from Renovation Spares, but are easy enough to fabricate if you have oxyacetylene.
Have a good look at photos for reference as I've seen front mudguards fitted back-to-front several times !!
Rear mudguards will need indents for the chainguard, bottom run of the chain, etc.

If you have Webb forks life is a LOT easier. I have Oak hammer blocks for shaping the indents for fork clearance and can lend you those.
BRIAN MARSHALL
Club Member

Postby Kevin N Bayliss » 16 Jan 2016, 17:53

Thanks for info Brian, unfortunately the forks and front wheel are Norton and I doubt I'll get original ones and a front wheel but at least they don't look out of place plus the front brake must be eight inch, I've got the Norton owners trying to date the forks for me. thanks Kev
Kevin N Bayliss
Club Member

Return to Sources of Supply