Amperemeter Lucas H52

Users of the forum can post details of where to find useful parts here (other than joining the SOC Spares Scheme of course). Note: The Scott Owners Club Ltd does not endorse, recommend or vouch for any of the postings in this section.

Amperemeter Lucas H52

Postby SwedScott » 14 Jul 2017, 20:41

Hi

Do anybody know of a source of (replica) dials for the amperemeter that's used in the Lucas H52 headlight?
My dials are in a bad state, but I could probably make an amperemeter from the parts I have if I get better dials.
An old and used amperemeter of this kind now seems to demand a sum that's would be more appropriate for a complete headlight. I know that replicas of the complete amperemeter are made, but they're neither to original pattern, nor do I know where to buy them.

By the way, I quite enjoyed following the posts regarding the price for a Scott frame. Yes, prices sometimes seems over the top nowadays, but some things actually get sold for seemingly silly prices today. If nobody bought at those prices, nobody would try to sell at inflated prices. So, who is to blame, seller or buyer (or both!)? I believe that's partly internets fault, it's soo easy to press the Buy It Now button or uppering the bid. No actual money is seen, and regrets is saved until the bank statement arrives. If not earlier, when the contents of the parcel didn't live up to your expectations.
Remember Churchill's words: Beware of the black dog! Even if he meant something different.
You can although get depressed by buying overpriced junk!

Thankful for any lead regarding the dials.

Best regards
Leif
SwedScott
Club Member

Re: Amperemeter Lucas H52

Postby stroker » 15 Jul 2017, 07:43

Try www.vintage-replica.cz these people make a few things and the quality is good and the service is very friendly, good luck.
stroker

Postby Barrie » 15 Jul 2017, 07:54

Not difficult to find :oops:
Try Ebay
Barrie
Club Member

Postby SwedScott » 15 Jul 2017, 08:21

Hi

Vintage replica is very good, yes. But they do not list the amperemeter as separate spare. I have heard that it's because that they buy the amperemeter from a another supplier (who?). The amperemeter they use is of a later pattern with dials as original. Could do, but I really wanted to use my original parts, in the first place. Or a not too costly original one.
I have scanned eBay up and down without finding anything more than costly used items. But all internet searches seems to turn up different results every time, even if minutes apart. Anyway there is a saying: Persistent wins!
Any more clues?

Thanks for responding
Leif
SwedScott
Club Member

Return to Sources of Supply