HOME and how to join Forum Open Area General Scott topics New Member with a Scott project needs advice Reply To: New Member with a Scott project needs advice

PhilCrowder
Participant

Good to see this new site being used for what it is intended. In UK mechanical speedometer set ups of the late 1920s are expensive , about £1000 if you can find them. The WW2 ones are of a magnetic drive usually and if like some ( not me) you are looking to return everything to period it might take as they say ” some time”. There are Scotts in our club perfect. But as a member of about a year, no two seem alike. If ( and its just my opinion ) something better or even more modern can be used whilst searching for exact parts, then I do it. As an engineer the last part on a Scott I would make would be the radiator. Tubes have to be swaged a bit parallel at each and tinned and soldered in a bath in one hit. Graham Moag the club spares man has the experience and equipment to do it.There are others, but I bet you will have you hands full with the rest. I have other bikes but my knowledge of the vagaries of Scott two stroke twins is very limited. Best of luck. Keep using this site it will help it develop .