HOME and how to join Forum Open Area General Scott topics Stopping radiator leaks Reply To: Stopping radiator leaks

Erik
Participant

Well guys, here my next update…

My soldering worked well….for about 20 miles…. Then the leak was back making my bike dirty again and causing misfiring on the lefthand side.

I was so fed up with it that I thoroughly flushed the radiator to get rid of the final mustard and then poured in a can of Bar’s leak…. Yes, I did just the thing that I should not do according to Technicalities.

And did it work? Well I wish I could say yes….. The leak was still there! Remember, we are only talking about two very small leaks! Even the “wonder leakstopper” could not fix it.

At last I tried the 2 component glue suggestion after the radiator had cooled down (when cold the leak always was gone…). And this seems to work! I smeared a coat on the leak and heated it to make it a bit more fluid (like in the Araldite tip). Today I did a 100 mile ride of fast touring and not a single drop came out. I wonder, did it really work????

But with this leak gone I noticed the bike starting to loose gearboxoil… but that is a completely different story!

Happy Scotting!

Erik