HOME and how to join Forum Open Area General Scott topics Indicators and Mirrors Reply To: Indicators and Mirrors

efr215
Participant

Having spent over three hours this May Day in a traffic jam resulting from a very serious accident involving a biker, (five police cars, three motorcycle cops, two ambulances, four fire engines and a helicopter air ambulance), I am more than ever ready to vote for anything that improves rider safety.

After all the principal object of owning these old machines is their preservation so anything that will aid that aim has my vote not to mention the safety of the rider.

My only caveat would be that any modern aids to safe riding should be fitted in such a way that their removal should leave no evidence behind.

The advent of super bright light emitting diodes should make the task easier so looking at them would be my first port of call.
The most image stable and neat, (at least to my eye), mirrors I’ve used were the type that plugs into the ends of the handlebars but that would depend a lot on the individual bike.