HOME and how to join Forum Open Area General Scott topics Part available? Reply To: Part available?

bitsa1927
Participant

Hi Pete,

The outrigger is quite a common part, just hunt round at shows and you will find one (but it may not just be one show you have to look at!).

At the recent Kempton Park jumble I glanced up and saw a square shaft sticking out of a box…..lo and behold it was attached to what looks like a close ratio gearbox layshaft of the type machined from a solid piece so late vintage! Naturally I had to buy it and for a tiny fraction of what it cost to have a new one made because at the time they were unobtainable.

This just goes to prove, if you look for something else you will find what you are looking for!

The VMCC are having a do at the Bath and West showground, Shepton Mallet on the 9th October, there were Scott bits there last time but naturally I can’t say if there will be any there this time. I’ll be going as a trader selling engineering stuff or at least I’ll be helping my father on his stand…..supposedly!

Thanks

James