HOME and how to join Forum Open Area General Scott topics Question on handchange lever Re: Question on hand change lever

Bob Mather

Hi Erik
The selector “thing” is called a gate. The top part of the gear lever is spring steel. The lever rests against side 1, and has to be held to the right for a change to 2nd. When released, the lever does not touch sides 2 or 3, but is midway between and has to be sprung to the left to move into top where it then springs to the right which is the same position as midway between sides2and 3.
Hope this is clear.
Regards Bob Mather.