HOME and how to join Forum Open Area General Scott topics Can anyone help? Re: Re: Can anyone help?


I only know of 2 (legal) ways of getting a UK logbook/registration/V5C:

1. Have the old buff logbook, tax disc, or MOT cert and use that to apply for a V5 on the V765 form (gets the old number back)

2. In the absence of any of the items above you use the V55/5

Both require the motorcycle to be in the UK to obtain an MOT and from my past experiences you will also have to take it to a local office for inspection.

There are of course many less kosher ways hence the increase in trade of old tax discs at autojumbles, and even more daring do I’ve heard of such as doctoring the archive records at the DVLA office to match your frame number….

I guess the question is – what do the Italian authorites require?