I simply used two drums (Bantam D1 I think) and shoes. I brazed one drum onto the other end of the other drums hub turned up two nice thick alloy front plates out of two blanks from Mallard metals and ran two anchors right up to shoulder casting of web forks where two eye bolts were inserted.
I discuss the spindle above
Although a life long Vincent man my attemps at a balance beam were inconclusive I soon reverted to a twin pull at the bars with a short equaliser.
on a 20″ x300 front wheel (I wonder where I got that rim from :-)) it looks suitably vintage better that waiting for unobtanium and it works