Hello,
this is very bad news. It sounds like this club will become an elite club only. I own two Scotts and my attempts to stay as a member of this club was not always successful. It is very unusual for me to actively renew my membership instead of beeing a member until I terminate my membership.
When following some postings here my impression was that some people are interested in attracting more people to Scotts. When closing this forum to non members it is very doubtful that this will help to find more Scott enthusiasts.
The most successful vintage bike forum in Germany is open and free for everyone.
As for me I will not become a club member only because this forum will be closed. I do not like to be pushed in some direction what ever it is.
This decision is very different to the impression I got on a Scott gathering and even more different to those experiences with the Scott enthusiasts I know personally.
When riding my Scott in a hillclimb a year ago I was asked about activities of the SOC regarding information, help and spare parts. This person was considering to buy a Scott. Many people would like to get information from sources like a Scott-forum BEFORE deciding to buy a Scott. A normal behaviour whith all the bad and wrong rumours about Scotts.
What shall I tell a potential Scott enthusiast now?
Kind regards
Wilfried