Details of this year’s Northern Rally are confirmed as Saturday, 4th July, meeting at the Buck Inn, Chop Gate, have a pub lunch or whatever you have bought with you, and then set off for a run round the lanes of the North Yorkshire Moors.
Over-night accommodation is available at the Buck Inn, tel 01642 778334.
Contact in the Tyne- Tees Section is Dave Hutchinson, tel 01325 281512.
Hope to see YOU there.
As Jem has said the details for this Northern Rally have been confirmed. I have prepared the route sheet and introduction pack for a leisurely 50 mile run around the North York moors and Hambleton Hills starting at the Buck Inn Chop Gate . The landlord of the Buck Inn is very biker friendly and has once again offered his tarmac car park and facilities for free.
Up for grabs will be the following awards
1. Harold Scott Trophy – Best Brum, Special or Silk
2. Tom Ward Cup – Best Two Speeder
3. Camelot Salver – Best Shipley 3 Speeder
4. Ron Mountain Shield – Greatest distance ridden to rally (on a Scott!)
5. Nixon Trophy – Greatest combined age of bike and rider
6. Bill Peake Award – Greatest age difference between bike and rider
I will finish the recce on the morning and hope to see you there at mid day .As always the day is open to any Scott enthusiast .Maybe we can eclipse last years sign on of eight Scotts