The Scott Owners Club will be putting on a display and having a run-out at the Scott Trial to mark the centenary this year. The display will comprise some of the club’s boards and the Frank Phillip cup (the original 1914 Scott Trial winner’s prize), and a couple of very significant Scott motorcycles. There will be a ‘Scott tent’ in the start field as a meeting point for all members attending the event. Details of the run-out will be decided after a recce of the course has been done on the Friday when a route in which our riders will enjoy the best ride and view of the trial can be suggested. It will however, largely follow ‘The Plan’ as documented in the August edition of Yowl.
The start field is situated on Feldom Road. This is the ‘old’ road that runs from the north end of Richmond towards Marske along the northern side of the Swale. The major road up Swaledale now runs south of the river, this is not the Scott start road. There are a couple of distinctive radio masts close to the start field so if in doubt, head for those. A map of the 2012 trial route is attached and this shows the start and Feldom Road.
The trials starts at 9.00am and people start to leave the field at that time,so Scott riders should aim to arrive at ‘our’ tent before 9.00am (especially to have time to enjoy the cup of tea mentioned in ‘The Plan’).
Let’s hope for good weather and plenty of Scotts and Scott-owners on the day.