Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: The 65th SOC Annual Gathering 2024 #36029
    steph1960
    Participant

    Things keep coming to mind so also, are the facilities open 24hr and is there a tap to fill water containers?

    in reply to: The 65th SOC Annual Gathering 2024 #36026
    steph1960
    Participant

    I am interested in camping from Friday, I presume as its a rugby club that the washrooms have showers but there are no details on their website,  do you know if showers are available please?

    Steve

    in reply to: New project #32823
    steph1960
    Participant

    Hi Colin

    The head stem been replaced with a Scottparts reinforced one, so should be good to go. It is an unfinished project but there isn’t much left to do, however,  one part that is missing is the rear sliding brake cast block (see photo) so if anyone has one or one I could borrow and a pattern that would be great.

    I will keep posting as work progresses.

     

    Thanks

    Steve

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    in reply to: Kick Start Bush Retaining Strap #13813
    steph1960
    Participant

    Thanks guys, all came apart easily with some heat. There wasn’t a gasket should there be one?

    Now I am in I can see how simple things are, very robust though.

    Steve

    in reply to: Kick Start Bush Retaining Strap #13808
    steph1960
    Participant

    I set about removing the cover today today but couldn’t get the lay shaft to release from the cover, with the layshaft attached to the end cover it won’t pass the selector arms, any ideas?

    Steve

    in reply to: Kick Start Bush Retaining Strap #13806
    steph1960
    Participant

    I was hoping that I could find a replacement (least work) but welding a tab on will be quicker than making a new one, the one I have has been fabricated out of stainless steel.

    Thanks for your responses.
    Steve

    in reply to: 3-speed kickstart #16736
    steph1960
    Participant

    That was me Barry. Does anyone have a kick start strap with the boss retainer?

    in reply to: International West Kent Run #16867
    steph1960
    Participant

    I will be there with my ratty 47 again, it’s running better this year though. I will bring it along Dave.

    Steve

    in reply to: Front brake arm #13286
    steph1960
    Participant

    @JohnF wrote:

    Hi Steve it was at gloucester radiators in gloucester I will let you know what it’s like when I get it back. Regards John

    Have you had your rad done yet John? I would be interested in how it looks and performs.

    Steve

    in reply to: Gear selection problems #16662
    steph1960
    Participant

    I had the same problem on my 47 flyer also it was prone to jumping out of first gear, it turned out to be adjustment of the foot change rod. I found that it wasn’t pushing the lever on the gearbox far enough. Your problem could be something else but its worth a look first, it certainly cured my problems.

    Steve

    in reply to: Front brake arm #13284
    steph1960
    Participant

    @JohnF wrote:

    Thanks for the replies guys, will give Johnsons a go, Just had the cost in for re-coring the radiator at £650 plus VAT does that seem about ball park? regards John

    Where did you get the quote from John, the best quote I had last year was near £1800 so I am saving up for a new one for £1200, £650 sounds very tempting to me?

    Steve

    in reply to: 1948 Flyer Rad #16475
    steph1960
    Participant

    I took my rad off and set it up on the bench with the top and bottom outlets connected with a hose, poured in K-seal mixed with boiling water and left it to cool down. When cool I flushed it out put it back on the bike and it hasn’t leaked since.

    in reply to: Pilgrim pump reduction drive #16435
    steph1960
    Participant

    I bought it from a private classified, it was new but I don’t know the original source, sorry.

    in reply to: Pilgrim pump reduction drive #16432
    steph1960
    Participant

    [attachment=0:9ig9hy26]Reduction Drive 2.jpg[/attachment:9ig9hy26]

    Success I have clearance, thanks Eddie.

    With regards to the pump connectors. Thank you for highlighting a potential problem but these connectors are what the bike came with and have worked perfectly well up to now so I will leave alone, I have only added the reduction drive and necessary pipework.

    Steve

    in reply to: Pilgrim pump reduction drive #16428
    steph1960
    Participant

    I don’t recall mine being eccentric but it probably is, I will have a look tonight and report back.

    Thanks Eddie.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)